INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
C.U.P.E. – Local 4393
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis (G-W WIC) is a feminist community-based organization providing services to women and their children who have experienced woman abuse and/or sexual violence.
Marianne’s Place requires a
Full Time Child Support Counsellor
33.75 hours per week Monday to Friday
8:00am – 2:45pm (Days)*
2:30pm – 9:15pm (Afternoons)*
Alternating 2 week schedule
Classification 111b Level 1–4
Marianne’s Place is a residential workplace operating 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the skills and abilities to join Marianne’s Place team. If you are self-directed with the ability to work effectively within a team environment, are compassionate, creative and resourceful, please consider this opportunity.
• Support children in their experiences of violence, through individual and group programming.
• Support women in the impact of violence on their children, parenting and navigating the legal and child welfare systems.
• Act as child advocate and resource person on issues of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
• Provide to women and their children options, referrals and connections to community resources.
• Provide individual and group support; programming, advocacy, accompaniment, administration, security and maintenance; specific to children and youth program.
• Provide crisis intervention and crisis counselling services to callers and residents.
The successful candidate will have:
* Specialized training in sexual and domestic violence counselling, including childhood sexual abuse issues.
* Specialized knowledge of trauma, mental health and substance abuse issues.
* Post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent in child and youth studies
* Minimum 1-3 years previous experience working with and advocating for women and children
* Experience in crisis intervention, support and advocacy for women and children living in a residential setting
* Awareness of rural culture and additional barriers abused women and their children face
* Demonstrated knowledge of child development, effects of exposure to violence on children and parenting strategies.
* Demonstrated experience with child and youth program planning, development, delivery and evaluation
* Administration/organizational skills with strong computer competency
* Working knowledge of current community resources.
* Current Standard First Aid, CPR and CPIC
* Second language highly preferred.
Closing Date: Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:00pm
Submit your application to Christine at email@example.com
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis is committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression work and in keeping with this principle we encourage Aboriginal women, women of colour, women with disabilities, lesbians, bisexual women and transwomen to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.