The Transitional and Housing Support Program offers a wide range of support to women in the community who are experiencing abuse, have left abusive relationships recently or in the past, or who are considering leaving. All our services are free and interpreters and childcare can be arranged when necessary.
- Risk assessment and safety planning for you and your children
- Connect you with Marianne’s Place (our emergency shelter) if you need a safe place to stay
- One-to-one counselling and support
- Group counselling
- Transitional planning
- Help with finding a new place to live
- Help with getting financial support
- Accompaniment, advocacy and referrals to police, court, hospital, lawyers, social services and community agencies by staff or volunteers.
- Help with custody and child support issues
- Referrals for two hours of free legal consultation
- Help with immigration services
- Workshops – throughout the year there will be various workshops on specific topics of interests related to women’s experience. See the calendar for upcoming workshops.
- Access to Client library and other resource materials
- Help with victim impact statements and court preparation
- Immediate telephone support and information through the 24-hour Crisis Line