Marianne’s Place is an accessible emergency shelter that provides temporary housing for victims of gender-based violence. We welcome all women and their children who are experiencing relationship violence such as: physical, sexual, emotional or financial abuse and/or stalking.
All our services are free and interpreters can be arranged when necessary and available. You can access the shelter by calling our 24-hour Crisis Line at 519-836-5710 or, for long distance, 1-800-265-7233 for immediate and confidential support.
- Immediate telephone support and information through the 24-hour Crisis Line
- Risk assessment and safety planning for you and your children
- One-to-one counselling and support
- Group counselling
- Accompaniment, advocacy and referrals to police, court, hospital, lawyers, social services and community agencies
- Help with custody and child support issues
- Referrals for two hours of free legal consultation
- Help with immigration services
- Help with finding a new place to live
- Help with getting financial support
- Help with Victim Services, victim impact statements and court preparation
- Social and educational activities for you and your children
Please call us anytime. We are here for you!